How To Care For Your Newly Treated Floors
- Allow 2-4 hours before walking on floors treated with water based polyurethane
- Allow 12-18 hours before walking on floors treated with oil based polyurethane
- Allow 7-10 hours before walking on floors that have been stained
- Do not put furniture on newly treated floors for at least 48 hours. Place padding under table legs, sofas, chairs, etc.
- Do not put area rugs onto floors for at least 7 days
- DO NOT put any type of tape, painters tape, colored tape directly on to floor. This will strip and damaged newly treated floors.
Cleaning Your Newly Treated Floors
Always use manufacturers recommended cleaning products, which will not leave a contaminating residue on the floor. If the manufacturer is not known, use a generic hard wood floor cleaner such as Sullivan Floor Services Cleaning Kits, or Bona Floor Cleaners, Poly Care by Last & Last, available at Home Depot or your local Hardware Store.
Never use Murphys Oil, Pledge, Mop & Glo or similar products that contain wax and/or oils. These products can cause severe reactions to your floors, and then maintenance coats will not be possible. Most warranties from finish manufacturers and factory finished wood flooring manufacturers are voided by use of oil soap cleaners.